Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Keeping a handicap - web or local club?

I keep my handicap on a web service called golfserv.com. I currently don't belong to a local men's club - I'm thinking of joining one to compete in the men's club events and to get a GHIN handicap. Tony Chor from work turned me onto the service 2+ years ago (thanks Tony).

What I like about the service: I can post at home and keep stats for FIR (fairways in regulation), GIR (greens in regulation), Putts and up and down (if you missed the green, did you chip up and get into the hole in one putt - measure of your short game prowess).

What I don't like - so far: I tried to play in one golf tournament in 2006 at Willows Run and the golf director wouldn't take my USGA handicap to play in the tournament. I really don't know if this is a golfserv type thing or a Willows thing. I've only tried to play in one tournament. Maybe this is why I have love hate relationship for Willows Run - Go figure.

I need to figure out what's up with GHIN golf handicap vs USGA golf handicap. I'm guessing the online golfserv service isn't a recognized "club". I'll figure it out and post my results soon.

No comments: